Sunday, November 28, 2010

Leaving the Cable Company

For some time now I think: why am I paying for the cable company?

Most of the stuff I watch comes from the web, or comes for free. I'm willing to pay reasonable prices for the rest (VOD), but I find the cable company prices exaggerated.

Yet, I couldn't find a good alternative, until I saw Anona TV yesterday. A single product that doesn't cost a fortune, provides DTT, a streamer (I already own a Popcorn Hour device), and has the ability to order VOD shows. Should they over come geographical restrictions (the ability to watch Hulu only in the US), it's going to be a real blast.

Unfortunately, I'm not part of the beta, so I cannot provide a real review of this, and whether it provides the goods, but it does look promising. If anyone knows a way to get into this beta, or knows a different company offering a similar solution, I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment