Friday, June 20, 2008

Same game, different name

Each time there's a soccer tournament, I feel the urge to kicks some virtual balls into virtual goals. Now it's the time of UEFA EURO 2008, so I decided it's time to try EA's FIFA 08 (I just can't seem to like PES over FIFA). FYI, the game sells for 99 NIS in Israel, I guess it has something to do with the fact they're having hard time selling that game, and that it cost them 0$ (or some other small amount of money) to produce.

Why would I say such a thing? Because it's actually FIFA 07, packed in a different box, carrying a different name. The rest of the game is exactly the same. Same graphics, same engine, same sounds, same everything. It's a brave move from EA to release such a game, especially when a competition such as PES exists.

From what I read, the Xbox and PlayStation versions, include a better graphics engine, and better physics. If I stumble upon a PS3 with FIFA 08, I'll give it a try. In the meanwhile, I'm so disappointed. Though I still prefer it over PES.

No comments:

Post a Comment